Pharaoh1980

Member Stats
Favorite Exercise: Barbell shoulder press
Height: Average
I'm Repping: Ontario

Pharaoh1980 is on a distinguished roadPharaoh1980 is on a distinguished road
Default Dyazide and Adalctone

Dyazide and Adalctone

experiences with them, which one have you used for prep?

sendpm.gif
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in Technorati
Old 07-01-2006, 02:56 AM
QueenoftheDamned

Member Stats
Favorite Exercise: squat
Last blog Entry: The Raven

QueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant futureQueenoftheDamned has a brilliant future

i prefer Dyazide. it is a diuretic/antihypertensive drug. there are two compounds;
~hydrochlorthiazide
~triamterene

the first compound increases the rate of sodium secretion, the second is potassium sparing, increasing the rate of which sodium and water are excreted, but interfering with the loss of potassium.

the result is a pronounce diuretic effect without the calcium/potassium loss that comes with using thiazides alone.

since i do a "shit-load" as opposed to a carb-up, this allows me to intake a little more sodium as well as Dyazide isn't sodium sparing.

sendpm.gif
Old 07-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Praetorian
School of HardKnocks Trainee

Member Stats

Praetorian Trying their best to be hype enough

As far as pharm diuretics are concerned dyazide should be everyone's only choice. It is considered to be a potassium sparing diuretic mainly due to the triamterene however it is not an aldosterone blocker and that is a good thing which i will get to in a minute. When BB's use aldactone most use it betwen 3-5 days out from the contest mainly because it doe snot act directly on the kidneys to increse diuresis but rather by reducing the level of aldosterne the kidneys stop recirculating sodium...hence it is excreted and thus water as well ...which follows sodium (thats another issue) begins to leave the body. Now there is a problem with this and many BB;s experience it without even knowing what is happening and tend to blame other functions. As this occurs the body tends to become drier but flattens out as well...this occurs because of the loss of sodium. As well, during this time most BB;s are carbing up but what they do not realize is that carbing up in a low sodium environment is not very efficient...thus what do you think happens...the body tends to hold less carbs in the muscle then what was anticipated and subQ water increases...not what you want. Now if you take in the right amount of carbs and avoid this there is still a problem with being flat because of lack of sodium. As everyone knows vascularity and fullness are not carb dependant they are sodium dependant...so what to do...reintroduce sodium to gain that vascualrity and fullness back. HOWEVER...now that is a big however...lol the issue now is reduced aldosterone levels, the kidneys NOT recirculating sodium thus it is excreted and the effect we are looking for is impossible to achieve. The BB is left with being somewhat dry but flat, no vascualrity, no pump, lack of fullness and separation and a less than average looking physique after working so hard dieting for 16 weeks.
Well, what should he/she have done if they knew...use dyazide instead. Why...because dyazide doe snot reduce aldosterone levels, adding back sodium is a cinch and work greatm and it is not required except 1-2 days prior to the contest...in most cases only the night before and morning of.
Dyazide pushes sodium and water but because it allows aldosterone to function normally sodium reintroduction works perfectly.
And if you want to talk lasix...dont even go there...that is probably the most outdated and misused diuretic around...it will not allow you to look your best in 99% of all cases. And if you are not running quinine then you are finished on the spot.
P

Last edited by Praetorian : 07-05-2006 at 02:24 PM.
sendpm.gif
Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Pharaoh1980

Member Stats
Favorite Exercise: Barbell shoulder press

Pharaoh1980 is on a distinguished roadPharaoh1980 is on a distinguished road

thanks for the replies

sendpm.gif
Old 07-05-2006, 06:35 PM
MIKE_XXL

Member Stats
Favorite Exercise: Deadlift

MIKE_XXL is on a distinguished roadMIKE_XXL is on a distinguished roadMIKE_XXL is on a distinguished road

Both replies cover it very well...th only thing i would ad, is take first dose 1 hour before cutting your water usually i will use 25-50mg, then analyze the conditioning and repeat after 8 hours, usually with 25mg, i willpotencially do it again 8 hours later at 25mg, and then i go 12.5mg every 8 hours to maintain the condition, that's how i use it most of the time, it will depand on my over all condition...XXL
President of LivFit Innovation Ltd. (In growing pains) & Alex D'Angelo - PT

All of the Statements made by Mr. Mike_XXL are purely fictional and have absolutely no merit and are not meant to cure, prevent or diagnose any disease, please consult your Physician before starting any exercise and supplement regiment.

sendpm.gif
Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 AM
DatPlayaD
Pimp by Blood not Re-Lay-Shon

Member Stats
Favorite Exercise: shoulder press
Height: Tall

DatPlayaD is on a distinguished roadDatPlayaD is on a distinguished roadDatPlayaD is on a distinguished roadDatPlayaD is on a distinguished roadDatPlayaD is on a distinguished road

nice thread

sendpm.gif
Old 08-28-2009, 02:23 PM
cookie
School of HardKnocks Trainee

Member Stats

cookie Trying their best to be hype enough

ive hard this b4 about aldactone maybe i wont be using it

sendpm.gif